This web site is for informational purposes only…
The opinions expressed on this site are those of the author. We are a family writing about our own opinions and experiences exploring splash pads in Ottawa. We are not associated with the City or with any company selling splash pad equipment. Although reasonable efforts have been made to provide the information on this website, there are no promises as to the completeness, currency, or accuracy of the information.
The information on this website comes from three sources:
- Photos and inventory of splashpad equipment are based on our own personal experiences and observations when we visit splash pads. We’re trying to come up with a rating system to compare splash pads, but visitors can also rate their favourite water parks.
- Information about some of the splashpad equipment comes from the Vortex website as well as their spraypoint and splashpad catalogues which we found online. It’s kinda cool to see the names of all of these familiar splash pad toys. (Who knew those archways were called spray loops.) Where possible, we’ve tried to add the names of the water park equipment (so you can search splashpads based on inventory), but we’re not perfect. We make mistakes. It’s usually pretty easy to figure out what the large structures are called (i.e. bamboo no 10), but all of those ground sprinklers look the same.
This website is directed towards moms and dads. We do not knowingly collect information from children.
We receive compensation in two forms:
- We are running Google Adsense to try to recover hosting and web development costs, but right now, it’s just covering our Tim Horton’s coffee.
- We are running some affiliate links. For example, if you click on a link and download something from iTunes®, we will get a small commission. Clicking on our links does not change the price you have to pay. Our commission is paid by the company and we only receive a commission if you purchase something through the links on our website.
Basically, we use Google Ads to make coffee money and Google Analytics / WordPress Stats to see who comes to visit us. If you follow the blog or leave a comment, then we can see the email address that you give when you sign up for the email subscription.
- We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
- This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the site.
- The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google.
- This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- We will never use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site.
Google Adsense stuff (based on stuff from here.)
- The DoubleClick cookie is used by Google in the ads served on the websites of its partners, such as websites displaying AdSense ads or participating in Google certified ad networks. When users visit a partner’s website and either view or click on an ad, a cookie may be dropped on that end user’s browser.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Here’s some other stuff
This policy is valid from 16 July 2013
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements may or may not be identified as paid advertisements (i.e. Google Adsense).
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
iPad, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iTunes is for legal or rightholder-authorized copying only. Don’t steal music.